Welcome to 2011!
Traditionally, January 1st is when we break all of our new year’s resolutions. That’s why, this year, I decided not to make any resolutions until January 1st. Hopefully, by doing this, I’ll be able keep some of them until the 2nd or maybe the 3rd.
I also know that tradition dictates that you only make two or three New Year’s Resolutions. However, I am a lover of excess. So, this year I made 20.
1) I will update this blog at least every other day, even if I have absolutely nothing to say.
2) I will dance everyday.
3) I will make more of an effort to control my natural tendency to act like a spoiled brat.
4) I’m going to make more of an effort to get on a regular, daily sleep cycle instead of just waiting to pass out after three or four days.
5) I will set up a definite, concrete timeline for getting my Master’s and I’ll stick with it.
6) I will never buy tampons at 7-11 again. And you know what else? I’m never going to apologize for talking out loud about my period again.
7) I’m going to continue to run and exercise every day.
8 ) I’m going to finish my novel-in-progress, Mizmoon. I should warn you that this is a carry-over resolution from last year.
9) I will either find a prisoner to correspond with or I’ll stop signing up for prison pen pal programs.
10) I will discover a previously undiscovered species of cat. It will have long red hair and mismatched green eyes and it’ll be named after me. It probably won’t always land on its feet either so be careful if you get a Lisa cat. Don’t let it climb trees.
11) I’m going to stop worrying about pleasing everyone because it can’t be done.
12) I will finally get around to answering all of those questions that have piled up over on my formspring account. I’ve got about 256 questions left to answer so this one might take a while.
13) I will be more tolerant of people who disagree with me even though they will still be wrong.
14) I will no longer be ashamed about being a victim. Instead, I will be proud of being a survivor.
15) I will think before I spend money.
16) I will have more confidence in myself.
17) I will stop obsessing about my big, Italian nose. Or I might just get a nose job.
18) I promise that I will try to try to stop driving too fast.
19) I will start to forgive.
20) I will allow myself to love.
Happy 2011. Let’s make it a good one because, in case you haven’t heard, the world is ending in 2012.